Thursday, August 9, 2012

Me - Starting Out

I'm fat.  Not just overweight, I've tipped into obesity.  Most of my adult life I've slowly meandered from thin to fat and back again as I've lost track of the strict hold and lifestyle necessary to keep the weight off.  Currently, I'm the heaviest I've ever been - though only by about 5 lbs.  I realized recently I've never had a good job, a good relationship and been a healthy weight all at the same time.  That needs to change.  So the other day, I saw a Nurse Practitioner at a weight loss practice. I have a diet that involves eating quite low calories and relatively high protein about every 2-3 hours.  This will be a challenge for me because I'm both a vegetarian and allergic to many of the common forms of vegetarian proteins (soy, whey, eggs and mushrooms.) On the other hand, I'm really excited because she feels confident she can get my hypoglycemia under control (a real frustration for me as I will go too low (blood sugar in 70's) while exercising before I feel hungry or tired.) Also, unlike any other weight loss program I've been involved in (and I've tried a lot of them with more or less success), they are brutally honest about the difficulty in losing weight and keeping it off. So, here's to a new start!

No comments:

Post a Comment